This PATH Intl. Compliance Form is for certified professionals who do not hold the CTRI certification. This form is for Advanced and Master Therapeutic Riding Instructors, Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning and Driving Instructors who do not hold the CTRI certification. If you have the CTRI certification DO NOT use this form. Copy this link into your browser to access the correct form: https://www.pathintl.org/images/pdf/resources/certifications/2019-path-intl-ctri-PILOT-transition-form.pdf.
To maintain compliance as a PATH Intl. Certified Professional, this form must be submitted along with your annual renewal dues. Certified Professionals may be marked non-compliant if these items are not submitted together, regardless of expiration date.
- Documentation of a minimum of 20 continuing education hours obtained during the previous 12 months to include core requirements of:
- Minimum of 6 hours of disability education (DE). Visit the CEU Guidelines webpage to learn what applies as Disability Education.
- Minimum of 2 hours relevant to each certification held (CR): Visit the CEU Guidelines webpage to learn what applies to Certification Core Requirements
Continuing education activities submitted to fulfill the minimum of 20 hours should involve active participation and/or reflect pursuit of professional development.
- Continuing education hours may NOT include any of the following:
- General Horse Expo/Fair Attendance (list all sessions to receive CEU credit)
- Observing or providing therapeutic sessions or riding lessons (except when Coaching a PATH Intl Certified Professional)
- More than 6 hours of riding lessons received
- Recreational riding or Horse Show/ Competition
- The reading of any materials (Books, articles etc.)
- CPR/1st aid training
- Exercise Classes
- Day-to-day activities as part of your job
Visit the PATH Intl. CEU Guidelines webpage at
http://www.pathintl.org/resources-education/education/continuing-education for an explanation of the categories and clarification regarding allowable and not allowable CEU activities.