To maintain compliance as a PATH Intl. Certified Professional, this form must be submitted along with your annual renewal dues. Certified Professionals may be marked non-compliant if these items are not submitted together, regardless of expiration date.
- Documentation of a minimum of 20 continuing education hours obtained during the previous 12 months to include core requirements of:
- Minimum of 6 hours of disability education (DE). Visit the CEU Guidelines webpage to learn what applies as Disability Education.
- Minimum of 2 hours relevant to each certification held (CR): Visit the CEU Guidelines webpage to learn what applies to Certification Core Requirements
Continuing education activities submitted to fulfill the minimum of 20 hours should involve active participation and/or reflect pursuit of professional development.
- Continuing education hours may NOT include any of the following:
- General Horse Expo/Fair Attendance (list all sessions to receive CEU credit)
- Observing or providing therapeutic sessions or riding lessons (except when Coaching a PATH Intl Certified Professional)
- More than 6 hours of riding lessons received
- Recreational riding or Horse Show/ Competition
- The reading of any materials (Books, articles etc.)
- CPR/1st aid training
- Exercise Classes
- Day-to-day activities as part of your job
Visit the PATH Intl. CEU Guidelines webpage at
http://www.pathintl.org/resources-education/education/continuing-education for an explanation of the categories and clarification regarding allowable and not allowable CEU activities.